Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by Suzi
I refuse to feel bad but I have to stop this collecting now because I have run out of room and I only have 6 (3 in cabinets) machines. Two are treadles. I have to have them all in my sewing room and I can't squeeze another one in and still be able to sew. There is a garage sale today with an old Singer treadle advertised in a "beautiful, fancy oak cabinet" and the asking price is $50. I KNOW if I go I WILL buy if the machine is usable .... hubby kindly stated last night that it simply won't fit and I woke up several times during the night thinking "well then, I just won't go". Oh me ------ such a problem. I have 2 1/2 hours to dwell on this and I know you all would tell me to go ..............wouldn't you?
Suzie... I'd go. lol. Then I'd figure out which of my machines will fit in which treadle cabinets, and keep the best (most favorite treadle cabinets) and sell the 3rd one. I too have a sew room FULL of stuff, and only room for 3 or 4 cabinets. Fortunately for me, DH agrees that if I get a treadle it HAS to go on the first floor and not in my sew room (on the 2nd floor), 'cause of the weight..... :mrgreen: