Old 06-03-2011, 05:18 AM
MissyGirl

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, i give up. how are you losing these large amounts of weight? what program/diet are you using? i can't blame steroids, all mine is put on the natural way, one bite at a time. but i think i like the way you are taking it off! so share!
Nancia...

I lost my weight this past month by following a diet prescribed by my surgeon. It was an all liquid diet with me drinking 7 shakes a day. Nothing else. It was not easy to do that day after day. The positive thing is I lost about a pound a day on the diet.

The purposed of the diet was to get me below the 400 pound mark and also to shrink my liver before surgery.

The diet that I was on was very extreme and I absolutely had to be followed by the surgeon and the dietition.

On a funny side note...I do not think I will ever be able drink chocolate milk again. LOL!

In combination with the shakes I was going to the gym and walking the treadmill twice a day. When I started going to the gym I could only walk for about 3 minutes. The morning of the surgery I was able to walk for 11 minutes with a distance of a 1/4 mile. That was a HUGE thing for me. HUGE.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

Missy