View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 02:45 PM
kd124

[quote=
I was told that my Pfaff did not require oiling. But I found that strange. Your argument makes perfect sense. So, without instructions to oil my Pfaff, how would I safely go about doing it? are all machines oiled the same way? This might sound like a stupid question, but I don't want to damage my Pfaff by oiling it "Wrong". Thanks, in advance, for your advise.
nita[/quote]

My sis and I were both told the same thing (for Pfaffs). Then she got the quilter which is also a Pfaff. When reading in the booklet, she discovered 3 places on it. So then we got to thinking about our own. She got out the booklet for hers and read where to oil it. Mine was getting noisy, so I thought if those two need a spot of oil, I would oil mine. Tada--quiet as could be.

So this is what we do. Remove bobbin/bobbin case and thread from needle. Put one drop of oil where the bobbin case goes, then briefly run the machine to distribute the oil. Wipe off any excess oil. Before sewing, sew on a scrap to make sure there is no oil to get on your project. Another thing you can do is google your machine and see if you can find a manuel for it or call your Pfaff dealer to make sure. Hope this helps you.