Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Congrats on everyone's excellent finds! $10 FW is an awesome find!
Thanks VM.... (and everyone else). Cleaned her up, inside and out, new lub, new oil, everything is moving great. Turns out I'm missing the gib screw in the bobbin race and terminal block recepticle is broken on the bottom. Not too terribly bad, considering. I've emailed Billy for a parts check. If he doesn't have them, ebay does.

VM, I remember seeing your pics of that 328 in the treadle... but I wanted to ask you which/what treadle stand you found it fit in? I'm just now looking for a treadle cabinet that can take a few different machines (to swap out heads). Think a standard Singer treadle parlor cabinet, or 6 drawer flip top cabinet would hold a 328 as well?
If you have the standard ( I call them the classic) cabinet, it will fit. I had mine first in the classic cabinet and now it is in the straight-leg cabinet. For it to fit in the cabinet, you will have to remove the plate for the treadle belt, that black piece that sits off on the right of the machine. Very easy to remove, but a pain to put back. :) Most Singer cabinets (all that I have found) hold the Singer machines. I don't own a 99, FW, or whatever (that other machine is) that fits into a smaller opening. All my machines, 66s, 15s, 201, and 328 fit into the classic, standard, and straight-leg cabinets. Hope that helps ya.