Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Suzi

Originally Posted by jpete523
I have enjoyed reading all the posts and learning from everyone but have felt guilty because I haven't had anything to contribute. Now I think I do! I have been reading arachnesobbsession's website and found some helpful information, She is conducting The White Sewing Machine Research Project and has posted White Badge Names. Scrolling through it I learned my Domestic Rotary 151, White Rotary and Dressmaker are all made by White. One phone call and I was able to verify the year each was made and either was sent a copy of the manual or told where to look for one (for free). So my beautiful turquoise Dressmaker isn't a Japanese clone after all!
The list does name a Challenge and Commander so they may not be clones. Hope this helps answer a few questions about "so who made my machine?"

Jan
Jan -

Please point me towards arachnesobsession's website (sounds like she is a spider fan .... ;o). This is quite interesting because even though these machines were sold through Sears and made in Japan nobody ever stated what the parent company would be - it was assumed it was Singer because they sure do look like a Singer. Thank you for your research ...........