View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
ruthrec

Originally Posted by girlsfour
Am wondering if anyone has opinions of Hancock Fabrics new store remodels? Not all of them are done yet, but it is coming. I am wondering if that is why they are having such fabulous sales on their fabric - to downsize the inventory.

I am told that they will be more like a Michaels or a Joanns. Adding more crafts, the Martha Stewart line and also some Wilton products.
Our Hancock's is in the process...and I've gotten some great deals on fabric...untill I bought the red 100% Polyester that ran and ran and ran and is still bleeding a little pink after the vinegar, the salt, the Retayne, and the Synthrapol. I don't trust it any more. And that was the fabric that was $13.99 per yd. The manager said he didn't understand why Poly would even run in the first place. I didn't understand it either, and I bought eight yds of the stuff.

This makes the second piece I've gotten from a Hancock's. The first time it was the quilters blenders wide backing, 100% cotton. It was green. I understand the red, but the green? Someone somewhere isn't doing a good job for Hancock's. I'm really leery now.

But, yes, they are loading up on row after row after row of beads and such (which I don't want) and all kinds of crafty things. I'll probably drive to Little Rock now for fabric (it's only 32 miles.) And, we do still have a Hobby Lobby. I'm sure there is a demand for the new look but I am pretty sure I won't be the good customer I've always been.