View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
girlsfour

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Originally Posted by girlsfour
Originally Posted by TexasGurl
No Hancocks left around here, most closed 4-5 yrs ago ... agree they've been BADLY in need of major updating, the stores hadn't changed in 30-40 years when they were here, still looked like the 1960's !
No doubt they will copy Joann's, carry less fabric and more of all the home and garden JUNK that you can buy ANYwhere else :roll:
This new one is an update of an update. They remodeled them a couple of years ago. It was great layout. Maybe it will good, but I am skeptical.
Oh my gosh, they don't market at all. The Woodbury, MN store re-opened three years ago. They never advertised one bit. It is in the corner of the suburb where most people who live there don't go near. People are still saying that didn't know it was there. The store is lovely - the building is fairly new which makes it nice with high ceilings and all.

You would think they would do a little bit of advertising. I would pay off.

Hope so for you ! they never updated their stores here, and even built one "new" location near me (still looked just like the old ones!) about 5 years ago, but it closed after just a year or two. Really poor job of marketing for a city the size of Houston and all the suburbs here.