Old 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Honchey

Originally Posted by janRN
Sorry I'm late but life threw me a couple of curveballs over the last 2 weeks. Lost my job. Unemployment at my age (62) really knocked me for a loop. I've been moping around and wallowing in self-pity but I'm back and actually enjoy not being on call or getting up at 5:30am (even tho I was only working 2-3 days/week). I've enjoyed looking at all your blocks and am still awed by what we've accomplished!
Keep up the great work ladies and I look forward to our next project---and I'll have plenty of time to work on it. (unless someone knows of a job for a really old nurse LOL).
Hi Jan, I joined the ranks of the enemployed July of 2009 and I'm still collecting...They call me to go in every once in awhile and I'm glad of it..I report my earnings when I claim my benefits and they just deduct it from what I would receive. I'm 71 and there isn't much work out there for anyone my age...I can't climb ladders, can't lift 50lbs readily and I can't stand for 4 hours in one clip...Sciatica on both sides makes my legs go numb..A motorcycle accident when I was 17 contributed to that. So I look for work even tho they won't hire me so I really enjoy collecting the checks. That will end tho this september.
On another note. The Pony Club book has some blocks that in keeping with the theme "Cowboys" will need special fabric so start thinking & collecting "novelty". Like the Yahoo Group maybe we could post photos of any fabric that we would like to swap, exchange. We Have to "Finish" this quilt first. Anne