View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Joanne9of12

Thanks for all the compliments! I made this quilt as a Technique of the Month class along with six other people. There were six classes, with lots of work between them, but I loved every minute of making this. I didn't keep track of my time, but I wish I had because I've had a lot of people ask about that.

This was the first of Judy's patterns that I've made and I'm hooked! It was really quite easy to follow the very detailed instructions and she provides lots of tips and helpful hints. Since starting this quilt, I've already purchased a couple more of her patterns and begun working on them. (You can't be working on too may quilts at once, right?)

Even though I think only two of us have finished our quilt tops so far, I haven't seen one (or bits and pieces of one) that wasn't absolutely stunning. It never ceases to amaze me how the same pattern can look so different with fabric choices. Here's a link to Judy Niemeyer's site where the pattern is located.
http://www.quiltworx.com/?cat=101
If you go to the site, be sure to check out the "color changing quilt" feature. This allows you to see the same quilt in a multiple of colorways.

My husband thinks I'm crazy and he may be right, but I'm thinking about making another one and enlarging it. I'll let you know how that turns out. :-)