Thread: Sashing?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by cminor
Thanks for all the suggestions. . .now that I look at them 6 of the 16 are 12.5 on the dot. Those are the ones I made with my rulers. The other are all about 12 to 12 1/4 so just a tad short.

Do you think a boarder that small around the 10 blocks would look funny? Or should I put a boarder around all of them at maybe 13?

I thought about the on point. But some of these blocks loose their look on point. . .too bad since I really do like that look better :)
First of all, I think your colors are extraordinary....very nice, soothing blend. If it were me and I was making it for myself I'd just cut everything down to 12 1/4" ....yes maybe the points would be off just a hair on the 12 1/2" blocks but, as you say, there's only 6 that came out that way and you might be able to steam the 12" blocks and stretch them slightly to almost come up to 12 1/4" and you could sew less than 1/4" seams. And once it's done and quilted you'll probably never notice if the points are exact because it's such a pleasant pattern. As my Grandmother use to say, "You'll never notice it on a galloping horse!" GOOD luck!