Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Suzi
32 machines??? Great Heavens - where do you keep them all? Have you sewn on all of them?

Clone or not - I don't care as long as that perfect little straight stitch keeps coming from the one that lives here with me. I have 6 (as I mentioned earlier): an Arlington treadle complete with coffin top, a Singer Red-eye treadle, a Singer in a bentwood case, a New Home in a table, a Singer Stylist and my favorite - the Challenge. I know I'm going to keep looking but whatever I find will have to be super special 'cause I have no more room. Remind me that I said that when I find the next one .............
Well, 16 of the machines live in my sewing room along with an HQ 16 long arm on a 10' table! The rest are placed throughout the house or on shelves if they are not in a cabinet.

I use every one of my machines, but a 1930 New Home - Light Running - that needs a friction motor, and a second New Home T No 3 from 1926 that needs the same type of friction motor.

I just finished tonight doing some piecing with my 66-6 that we saved to use as a parts machine - I have a very hard time parting out a machine - actually, I have NEVER parted out a machine! They all get fixed! Geeze, do I have a problem! But Wow that 66 sews perfectly! Pictured on page 1004.

There are quite a few people on here who have a lot more machines than I have -- Miz Johnny, I think has a couple hundred!

Nancy