View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

When we were first married and had bought a single wide with an electric range, there had been mice in it. They had eaten all the coating off the wires, and when it was on, it would shock you if you touched any of the metal! AND, you could NOT use the oven bc the mice had peed in there. We tried to bake in it, and it made a horrible stink!
So, I had a little toaster oven that was very old. I tried baking my DH a birthday cake in there. I had to use pretty small pans, so, it was 2-3 layers (can't remember for sure), and that toaster oven was so slow, it took 2-3 hours for each layer to get done.

It wasn't long after that that we went to Sears and bought a new gas stove. I applied for a credit card, got it, and we came home with the stove. Although, I was sick with the flu, and could barely stand up long enough to sign my name....and we ran out of gas on the way home. I haven't let my DH live this one down because the gas gauge didn't work in our little Chevy S-10. He always told me to never let it get below 1/4 tank because it was messed up and would run out at just below 1/4 tank....Well, that day he decided to let it get below a 1/4 of a tank, and there we were with a stove, and I was so sick!
To top it off, that was a really junky stove! I think it was a kenmore, and it was expensive!