View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

I have one to tell on my Mom! She was fixing supper for us. She turned off the burner and put a Corelle plate over the skillet with sauerkraut in it bc she didn't have a lid for that one. She came to get me at my friend's house, just down the road, and visited with my friend's mother for a while. I cannot remember how long she was gone. My uncle had came to our house while we were gone and said he'd smelled sauerkraut.
The stove was electric with knobs that would turn all the way around. Instead of getting the knob to "OFF" it went over to "LOW". The entire bottom was burned out of the skillet. There was a handle and a ring left. The stove cleaned up, and it was amazing that the only thing we lost was the 'kraut and the skillet. The Corelle plate is still used every day. It has a scortched spot on the bottom. AFter that, we always played a game at dinner to see who had the "burnt plate".
The skillet was, I think a Mirro brand, and a non-stick type, with the black insides, and after this, the ring that was left turned a really pretty bright blue.