Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by leona07
OH MY!! You poor lady!! I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. I have been battling a sinus infection and ear infection the past week. I get sinus infections all the darn time! I hate them! I can only imagine the pain you are in to have broncitis and shingles too!! I hope that you feel better soon. Best Wishes!!!

I wonder what causes shingles? Is it just something you can get because you had chicken pox in the past, or is it something you get from people who have chicken pox virus and instead of getting the chicken pox you get shingles?
You cannot spread shingles, and you have to have chicken pox first. The chicken pox virus stays dormant in your system and can "wake up" later in life as shingles. I wish mine would've stayed asleep. You can, however, spread chicken pox to someone who has not had them before while you have shingles. I learned that today. I don't know, but it seems like I read somewhere that they have to be in the blistery or runny stage to be able to spread them as chicken pox. ??