View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:47 AM
omak

Originally Posted by wannaquilt1
Originally Posted by omak
I am so PROUD of you!
Isn't it interesting how easy it really is if you can just get the courage to TRY and begin?
Reminds me of a quote credited to John Wayne:
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
Good job! <wave>
Thank you so much! Yes it was alot easier then I thought it would be. I think it's funny because I actually broke a sweat before I started I was so scared and now it makes me laugh cuz the quilt looks so nice! What was I scared of?
F alse
E xpectations
A ppearing
R eal

You have just learned an important life lesson. When you finally got tired of being scared, you decided to do something about it. Most of the time, our imaginations create more problems than really exist. I find myself paralyzed if I spend too much time figuring out why something won't work - - or, what will I do if this or that happens?
My grandfather taught me: Figure out the worst thing that can happen. Figure out what you will do if the worst thing happens. Anything less than that is a cake walk!
Life really is very straight forward and simple - - even though our "brains" tell us that it just can't be so easy. It isn't the right way to use our brains if we find we can't do anything because we figured out something might go wrong. (disclaimer: sometimes, something is definitely wrong, but that is usually defined during times of human interaction.) <wave>