View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Without a doubt the best thing about the QB is the inspiration and support we give each other. It is what makes this little spot on the 'net one of the nicest, bestest places to be and probably why we are all so hopelessly addicted to the QB :lol: :lol:

A while back Charisma posted some LAing she did of a lovely fern design. I was so taken with it and thought I have to try that. So on one of my friend's batik jelly roll quilts I thought it would be a great fit. While you can't really see the quilting on all the busy-ness of the front of this quilt, oooh la la the back! Gotta love this back! It didn't hurt any that Meg chose a solid brown flannel for the backing and nothing shows off the quilting like a solid. In addition to the "charimalishious" inspired fern design, I did ruler work in the outer borders and a continuous leaf design in the inner border that kind of reminds me of corn stalks.

Front of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206523[/ATTACH]

Another angle of front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206524[/ATTACH]

close up of border work
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206525[/ATTACH]

The back! What texture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206526[/ATTACH]

more back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-206517.jpe   attachment-206518.jpe   attachment-206519.jpe   attachment-206520.jpe   attachment-206522.jpe  

attachment-206524.jpe