View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 09:15 AM
JanieW

Originally Posted by mshawii
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Did you see this?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111381-1.htm

I just tried it out on my Brother PQ1500S. It works pretty well. If my camera batteries ever recharge, I'll post some pictures. I think it is worth playing with for a bit. I can see it enhancing some quilts done in reproduction fabrics.
I went back to my machine and looked and looked and all I could find was a stitch that goes forward and t2 and back one stitch. Not sure how it would look with two different threads in the top and bobbin. I have the Pfaff Expressions4. Love the machine. but I very seldom use it for anything but stitching quilts. I should get some plain t-shirts out and do some fancy stitches on them. Or my sweatshirts. This model is just below the embroidery model and I didn't go for that one because I am not the type to do that sort of sewing. I have friends who have them and if I need to I can ask them to do something for me. I of course pay them. Last thing was a label for my son's quilt. Jan

On the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 choose stitch number 52. Put monofilament thread ( I use YLI) in your needle and the colour of thread you want to show in the bobbin. Set the needle thread tension as high as you need to get the look that suits you. I put my thread tension as high as it will go. I lengthen the stitch to 6.5 or higher. Engage IDT.

When you sew, all you will see is the bobbin thread.

Hope this helps.
Janie