View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Radiana

My little grandson loves me to tell him about the old days and I keep thinking I've told him everything but next time I'll have to tell him about the junk bowl.

I love most of my memories of the good old days. I was born in 47 and life was still very simple back then. What I remember every household having was a junk bowl. Now of course we have junk drawers and bins and rooms and sometimes garages. Well I don't know about everyone but I do.

Anyway in our junk bowl we had just little misc items like rubber bands and a pencil, maybe a pen. We would have a stick of gum or two and a book of matches. There might be a pair of scissors and scotch tape if we were lucky but in general, those were always lost somewhere in the house because someone forgot to put them back in the bowl.

I grew up in a home that would be considered very minimalist, I'm sure there were junk bowls that had lots more in them but I kind of liked the fact that there was no clutter. Clutter belonged in the junk bowl. Can you imagine just a bowl full of clutter in the whole house?

I've got so much clutter and Stuff I can hardly stand it anymore.