View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:37 AM
ann31039

Originally Posted by teddysmom
Originally Posted by Dordee
I am really new to quilting and like many others I read your forum daily. Don't have a lot of tools and I do watch a lot of videos. But my problem now seems to be how to sandwich my quilt without losing my mind(Which is short by the way). I have tried to use the spray adhesive. which was not pleasant could not do without a lot of wrinkles. Don't have a wall large enough to hang. so right now I am placing on the floor and crawling all over it (Wrinkled mess). I Use the tied method because I am scared to try to FMQ and not pleased with my stitch in the ditch. Any suggestions?
I'm also a newbie and sandwiching the quilt can give me a headache just anticipating it. We live in a 35' fifth wheel, not always someplace where I can use long tables to tape the backing down. The floor isn't an option at my age (71) so I'm going to try my hand at lap quilting. I've got some scraps, some pieces of batting and some leftover backing. DH is leaving Thursday to work on tornado relief in AL (he'll be gone 3 days), so I'm going to give lap quilting a try. Will let you know if it works for me.
i'm in a camper too and it is just not possible to pin baste in here. i was trying to do it outside on the picnic table, but... wind, heat, etc really doesn't help. now i'm doing sharon shomburgs method and it really is easier. i dont baste it, but rolling the front and back on the boards. and the batting also. does help. then you can just unroll alittle at a time and spray baste. tho your doing it backward sorta to how she does it.