View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

ND - your quilt is AMAZING!!! love it!
Kathy - I swear I have seen that pattern ....probably in one of my dozens [hundreds?] of books...

Well started on block 9... in the hospital trying to keep sane while scared to death my daughter was gonna not pull out - had a major electrolyte imbalance -potassium down just below 2.4 [3.6-5 is normal] . We had gone to local hospital Wednesday night because she had bad case of GI bug - they said her level was "low" gave her a potassium liquid [putrid] which [with tummy flu] she proceeded to puke [duh] & then sent her home and indicated she should ride it out. She has autoimmune problems & we really shouldve gone to UCLA then - but next night there is where we went. By the time we got there her hands were in total muscle contracture and her feet/legs were getting numb. Back home now - arrived a couple of hrs ago, feeling like smiling again after she was hooked up to fluids and potassium drip for 40hr....

at least it is over... and I have most of the block done because it was ...sew or cry.. decided the former was more productive and it looks great. Will post by Monday but probably without embroidery at this point. I have to decide on the thread to use.

Kathy -and Lesley - what are you using??

btw - for those of you afraid to hand applique - I do love to do this, but regardless of whether you do or not. These squares at 6 1/2-7" shouldn't scare you. The pieces do go on oh so fast! The corners & curves may seem easier on something larger, but there will be many many more stitches! Hard for me to say how long the corner hearts took - maybe 40min a piece?? max

the 4 outer petals took less than an hour and a half together.