Old 06-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Xylie55

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Xylie from the posts I have read you and I are very close in our current weight and thoughts on a healthy way to lose the rest of the extra weight. I started to lose about 1 1/2 years ago and needed to lose 55 pounds to be where I need to be I'm now at 16 pounds away from my goal and this thread has helped me stay on track. When I get this close to goal I usually let myself slid and then of course gain it all back over the next year or two. Not this time I will get there and stay there. We all have the same target we are aiming for just some are a little closer.
Today had one egg, oj and half slice of toast, lunch, small salad and half of a sub with one side of the roll removed, tonight half a chicken breast and more salad
Wish you all healthy eating.
Gail
Thanks.I agree.Sounds like we got about the same amount to get off.Except for me,I still got a ways to go.This thread is a great help.I done all my other weight loss alone,but was inspiring to my neighbors.One found out she had diabetes so has lost 30 pounds.She told me I was an exception because I'm keeping it off.But I told her no,I done a life style change.She loses fast like 30 pounds or more.But always,always,gains it back and then some.That's why diets don't work.When I 1st started,I saw 250 pounds and thought,boy,no way.But then thought,if I could just lose 5 pounds,and keep it off,I'd be happy.So I bought some dinners,and tossed salad,and tomatoes,cucumbers,radishes,gr onions,etc and put the on my salad.And only ate those during the day,nothing else.And lots of water.I began to lose,5,10,15, etc at about 3 pounds a month.I got down to 160 in March.And stayed there till I made the cakes and gained 15 pounds,found you all at 175.Started this month at 168.So am going down again.It doesn't get any easier.I still have to stay focused and not wonder off,I'm looking at 150 now,as that will be my 100 pound mark.Kind of exciting,and unbelievable at the same time.so koo-do's for you.That is wonderful.I'm proud of you for sticking with it.I am doing it for me because I just simply got tired of being fat.So,it's different for me this time too,as I am keeping it off by doing the life style change.