View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Quiltin'Lady

The other day I noticed how badly faded the pictures over our bed had become [see first photo]. I happened to mention this at my last book group meeting, and folks looked at me with shock: "You have pictures WITH GLASS over your BED?!?!" When I looked back at them in surprise, they all quickly reminded me that we happen to live in [duh!] earthquake country and that "the big one" is due any day now....

Oh, yeah...... :roll:

So... What should I put over my bed that doesn't involve glass?? Wall words? Nice idea, but my husband thinks they're dumb. [They aren't, but try telling him!!] Then it hit me -- I'm a quilter. I make quilts. I like making quilts. Why don't I make a quilt for over the bed? If that fell down, no harm done! :idea:

So I started thinking about patterns and fabrics. [Colors were a foregone conclusion, since the room is blue with white trim and ceiling.] I couldn't make up my mind between about a half-dozen wonderful patterns -- when I had the brilliant [or so it seemed at the time] idea to make several small quilts, all different, and put them into a grouping -- much like I would have done with framed pictures.

And so, ladies and germs, I present my former and faded bedroom wall, and my much improved and much more colorful wall! All five minis are made with most of the same fabrics, just rearranged and shuffled around. I know I should have waited to take a photo in daylight like I did the first one, but I just had to share.

Hope you like 'em. I do! :P

Faded and boring...... [Forgive the weird angle; I was trying to avoid glare from the flash on the glass and from the window to the right.]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32277[/ATTACH]

Ta-daaaa! Not boring now! They'll probably keep us awake at night! :-D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32277.jpe   attachment-32440.jpe