Old 06-04-2011, 09:46 PM
nancia

i had my first meal out today too. we went to denny's because we love breakfast any time of day or night, lol. it didn't go badly, but they have very little for the serious dieter. i had a sr. chicken breast (actually very tasty) and dipping vegetables, but no dip. i asked the waitress to take the garlic bread away. i started the meal with a tossed salad and used an old weightwatchers trick and just dipped the fork in the balsamic dressing. i only ate half of the chicken and actually it felt really good to make that choice. have to admit i was really hungry all afternoon but if you ignore it long enough it "goes away".
as a treat we found a lqs. i went in and browsed and ordered a bow-tucks pattern (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) and a very small applique seasonal sign for the 4th of july. my husband waited in the car, which worked out very nicely since he wasn't hovering or asking annoying questions. we made a few stops on the way home. it was quite a fun day! we had a late dinner of steak and asparagus/red pepper soup. delish! fresh watermelon and blackberries for dessert. gallons of water all day--reminds me of being pregnant. makes me very easy to find. just listen for the sound of running water...
pnptrapp- gotta pat you on the back! we went past a carnival setting up, and my first thought was funnel cakes. fortunately, my husband was at the wheel and we just kept on going down the road. that's a bullet dodged, lol. how often are we expected to get weighed? and are we supposed to tell someone, like mj, our starting weight? well, happy dieting to all!