View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 AM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
The only thing that MIGHT hold us up is the price of tickets. You see....the Navy will be paying for the flight. Since we went from Hawaii to Guam, they have this thing called COTS travel. Continuous Overseas Travel something. Not sure what the last S means. Anyway, we are eligible for it. What is does is gives the entire IMMEDIATE family, thats the 3 of us FREE tickets back to where hubby enlisted from. BUT...if there is a destination somewhere else we want to go and the ticket price is the same or cheaper, they'll pay for that. So, I have to scour dates/times to see what the prices are for WHERE we want to go versus going back to Kansas. I am NOT going to Kansas!!
So, you need to help me along here. What is there to do, places to see etc, in the area. Airports closest to these things and what not.
I don't know anyone here that has gone to New Zealand. They have all gone to Australia. (Cannes)
Continuous Overseas Travel Syndrome? Continuous Overseas Travel Sucker? Continuous Overseas Travel STASH!

That's what it is! lol

Which part of NZ to go to really depends on what you want to do.... shopping is Auckland way (top of the island and the biggest city). If you're into scenery and sporty stuff you want to go to the South Island. If you want touristy stuff like the thermal springs and hot mud pools etc, you go to the middle of the north island (about 3 hours north of here).

Really, everything is pretty close no matter where you are. Or no more than a days' travel.