View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Happiness is...

Originally Posted by Shorebird
Originally Posted by Terri Morin
Hi All - I'm new to this blog. It seems like we all can be very helpful to each other, as well as being good on-line friends.

I need a little help. My son is getting married in a year or so, and, of course, I want to make him and his fiance a very special quilt. I made my daughter a double wedding ring star, which turned out simply gorgeous. I'm thinking of making Matt the Boston Lone Star, which turns out to be a combination of a Boston Common block and Lone Star. My problem? How do I (a) find a pattern for a king size? or (b) develop my own pattern? And, then, how do I determine how much fabric? I'm one to find a pattern and follow directions, but this one looks so very, very special, I just have to make it. Any advise or help?
Perhaps someone on this board with EQ can combine the designs and use that software program to come up with the picture and the fabric requirements........I would give it a try for you if I had it.........
That would be so fantastic. Since I'm so new to this board, I'm flabergasted anyone would do that.