View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Wanabquilter ....WELCOME :) glad to have yet another joiner ...does this put us over 90, Kathy?? [the official headcounter]
btw - your avatar baby looks so much like my newest grandson, Grant, born this past April12!

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and wishes ladies! Steph is doing much better here at home at last...whew! Still little energy - but amongst the living :-D

For those of you still thinking about what fabrics to put together for block 9 [and others] - some of us have really changed our minds more than once [or ten times??] :oops:
:lol:
I looked at the block and sort of tried to use the same colors from my stash then realized the outside heart fabric of Aie's [which I dont particularly like] is how she decided on the colors of fabric for the rest of her block. I used a Kaffe Fasset print for the hearts that had no blue. I had picked an orange batik and blue batik for the leaves and a red flower center for the center. The orange and red worked - but the blue didnt because there was no blue in the heart... [truthfully...glad I didnt sew it down because it looked like crap!]
so back to the drawing board and I decided to replace the blue with a yellow batik. I had yellow in both the Kaffe fabric and the orange [I apologize not having the ability to show you yet - gotta sew on the yellow still] I just wanted to share the fact I saw a pattern in the published quilt blocks - they look scrappy -but there was a method. She chose either a fabric in each block that tied the rest together in that block or was a complementary color to it.

for you newbies....sorry - I know I ramble :oops:
man - if we all said "Hi" to check in, we would cover 4 or 5 pages I'm sure [if we say Hi like I do...we could double our page count ... :shock: YIKES!!]
Hi, lol..and I just love you...you make me smiiiile!
(and if you need to know why - get to know this mousie a little...a little is all it takes, it will be easy to guess!)

To all those present:
Now, here's my plan...can you believe I knew...I KNEW, that we started on the 5th, but for some reason, set my mind that was tomorrow?
Have the headache, but never mind that...you probably guessed I am going to fuse my pieces and hand embroider the swirlies.
I don't know whether to satin stitch them down, and then do the embroidery, or the other way round. I'm afraid one or the other might "run over" the other".
Maybe I'll get lucky and they won't, but I'm going to try to post after just fusing and show the finished block in the next day or two.
Cross your fingers that I can download from my digital camera to pc, when I go to DD's later.
If anybody can advise me about the order i mentioned, I would be so grateful.
Now, to all of you, sitting on pins and needles, afraid to post, or wondering why you joined...see? we have ppl in this group, not only with different levels of skill, but different "life stuff".
I love that Candi's hubby called it "the human factor".
I have plenty of human factor, for a mouse, lol! hugs to all! :thumbup: