Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 PM
emmah

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Charlee
Like this one:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFEQ8wIwAQ#

(no affiliation, just googled "darning foot")
At the risk of asking a dumb question or for a clarafication, I would like to ask what the difference is between high shank and low shank? I have Singers 301A, FW, 15-91, 66, 99, a Bernina 830 (of the 1975 era) and a Bernina Artista 200. I also have a Vintqage Necchi made in Italy but don't have that model info handy at the moment. I have other machines but am hoping that at least two of those machines have different shanks so I can visually compare their differences.

I like the site you gave for the darning foot/FMQ foot and would like to get one... but the right one.

Right now I do FMQ on my Bernina 830. And, plan to do FMQ wtih my 301A. Well, probably will bring my 15-91 into this scene also.

Thanks. :oops: :shock: :-D
The "high" or "low" shank is based on length of the the presser foot leg part. If you lower the presser foot lever and measure the distance between the screw hole and the plate of the machine bed, the "low shank" machine distance is closer to the plate. Most low shank attachments will fit a low shank machine. (No matter what brand)