Thread: Asian Fabrics
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 AM
dlf0122quilting

I know there is a pattern out there somewhere for Kimono blocks but not sure where I saw it. Maybe someone else has seen it. I think it would also be pretty if you could find a pattern that has the oriental building shapes on it. My friendship group is making a Teapot quilt with pots, cups and saucers on it all in oriental fabrics. I have the patters from fat cat patterns and would be happy to e-mail them to you if you like. Just send me pm and I will e-mail them. Since there are all skill levels in the group of ladies, we decided they could fuse them on to black background fabric which was provided so the blacks matched, and then use decorative stitches and gold rayon thread to stitch around all the pieces. We already have 40 blocks turned in. We make a quilt out of 12 of the blocks to be given to one of our members (names are put in a box when they turn in a block) and the rest of the blocks are put into kits of 12 each to be sold in our Quilt Show consignment shop to pay for next years fabric needs.