Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Phyllis nm

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
this is one of my 29K70s. i have used it over 20 years to sew patches on letter jackets plus.
i made an extension for an arm table. the other one is packed away, i can not legenth the stitch on it. i hope this works , new to pics.
Wow, what an interesting looking machine! So both of your 29's were originally shoe/boot making machines? How in the world did you end up getting one and actually using it? Are they both treadles? Do they take the same amount of space as a normal Singer treadle cabinet or are those machines much bigger?

Nancy
yes both are the same, i think shoe patch is all they ever were.it is 28" wide not very tall till i put rollers on it. it head can be removed and sit on any table and use the hand crank. or you can use the treadle like i do. it will sew any direction, there is a round plate above the needle with 2 ears on it. that is how you direct your feed. [ it will pinch a blood blister fast if you put your hand above it].there are no dog feeds on it. it takes very small bobbin. i added a wooden plate to the back to mount my lights to. and two different versions of table tops when i need them. this arm is 12" deep and 1" wide at the needle, they make longer ones. i am new and on page 385, so i jump back and forth to read. most of my machines are commerical. i did free hand chain stitch emb & chenille for years. and as you can tell i type one handed.
thanks for your help.