View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 04:06 PM
zoeytoo

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
Not just a Gameboy, but all the other hand-held games, a cell phone that nobody uses for talking, 99% of the computer functions, emails sometimes gets me, video games on the TV like X-Box, how to text, E-Bay bidding scares me, I just X-out of those little windows that sometimes appear on my computer screen telling me that such-and-such just happened and what do I want to do (I just turn off the computer), etc., etc. Sometimes one of the grandchildren answers the phone when I call and when I ask what he/she is doing, they say "just playing a game on my ____player", and I say, "OK, honey, that's nice. Is your mom there?" I have no idea what they are doing.

Years ago I thought I had reached the height of technology when I got an
electric typewriter at the office, then a word processor and finally a fax
machine. At home, I'm still using a VCR because I just don't get those disc
thingies (or is it disK ?) The fact that I can do THIS on this board absolutely
amazes me. I guess I'm just too old to learn new things so I've just kinda
stopped

Can't keep up with the grandchildren, but they still just love those old-fashioned, homemade cookies and other treats they get from me. Guess
there's something to be said for that anyway. Maybe old-fashioned is not
always so bad.
My family members get annoyed when I frizlzle the computer or DVD recorder (once it was the company mistake and family said I did it ) but I remind them the first 4 inch tv came out when I was a babe, computers were room size, and some day young people will think their new gadgets are old fashioned too. It's great!!!! that we are chatting tonight using technology. YAY for us! Some things old fashioned cost big prices labeled "vintage" wine, jewelry,
furniture, homes, cars, ME... Nobody makes cookies like a grandparent because they have experience and add the special ingredient, love. I remind my kiddo how long it took to potty train him and I did not give up so he should be glad I also persist 'trying' to learn technology. kids need to learn patience to handle their own old age I'm helping him by being slow to 'get' this stuff. He's learning patience which will help him tolerate my olderererer
years and his own. Besides anything invisible like computer files is tricky.