View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 AM
june6995

I have a Grace frame...the GMQ Pro....which comes flat, unassembled. You will need to have someone assemble it for you. It takes several hours as there are hundreds of screws and nut and bolts.

I also bought a Bailey 13" Home Quilter. These also come in 15" size.

I have been pleased with mine and have finally decided that it is not necessary to do all the intricate stuff a long arm can do. It is possible, but at age 75 I do not want to spend the rest of my life quilting in tiny segments. Or making feathers, etc.

I have given myself permission to be "free wheeling" in my quilting and now I can do a quilt a whole lot quicker than I once did. I do free motion and have developed some of my own designs, that appear to be meander since they are in no way regimented over the quilt. It fits my style. Free-wheeling and Free-flowing fits with Free-Spirit.

There are all sorts of frames and machines to fit all sorts of needs. This one is a good fit for me. I am very happy with my purchase.

I trust you will find just the right thing.

Continue to ask questions. I joined 4 Forums to gather information before I chose the Bailey. I had nearly decided, then would go back to something else. I took 8 months to decide mostly because we were having our basement finished and I could not get it until the room was ready. This was once when time was a luxury.

Best wishes for your search and final decision.

June