View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 AM
blzzrdqueen

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers. There's not much to tell yet. The vet took quite a bit of blood for numerous tests. She will send it out and have tests done for thyroid problems, Lupus, allergies and cancer. The vet said because Serena is not fixed, that she has a very much higher risk of breast and uterin cancer. She also did a skin scrape on Serena, to see if it was mites or scabbies doing this to her, as this is the easiest to treat and most likely the culprit...but it's not. the skin scrape came back normal.

So now we just wait for the blood tests. Some will come back tomorrow afternoon. If they are negative, then we will run the tests for lupus. This particular test is very expencive, so she wants to wait until the other results are in before she tests for that. She said Lupus is something common to German Shepards and poodles. It is also treatable. I'm hoping it's that or allergies. I don't know if I could handle cancer, as we would more then likely have to put the dog down if that is the case.

So please keep sending those positive thoughts and prayers and I will update again when I know more.

Thank you all so much, I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't have you all to talk to!