Old 06-05-2011, 06:07 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by a1crafter
I have a motor, light, foot pedal and cord for a Singer Model 66 which needs to be rewired. Do I need to buy the materials from a sewing machine repair shop or will Lowe's or Home Depot carry the proper materials. I will have my son do the project for me, I'm trying to get the materials together to save him time. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
a1crafter, If you have the motor, light, foot pedal and cord - what needs fixing? Do you mean you have the motor, light, foot pedal and plugs? If that is the case and all you need to do is re-wire - and your son knows how to re-wire - you can get the wire at any good hardware store, which would include Lowes and Home Depot. Usually, what goes bad is the cords so I am thinking that is what you need?

Nancy
If the plug is good, all you need is the wire. I bought mine at a local hardware store (Bestway) but checked Menards first and some kid there said I needed a special kind of wire for sewing machines. He had some lightweight cord like extension cord and some heavy weight cord like for industrial wiring. When I went to the hardware store I told him what I was doing and he got me the right cord. It was an easy job to rewire because my plugs were good (both ends) but you would have to go to a sewing machine repair place if the plug to the machine was broken. My 66 is missing the two little screws to hold the machine plug together so the previous owner used a heavy rubber band. Works just fine! LOL!