View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
thebossbab

Hi Everyone. Even though it's hot out, I'm hoping you all had a nice day. I had a productive day. I sray basted my 1st quilt today (45" x 55 inches). Now I know why people on this board say they just like to make tops!! Like a lot of other "newbies" I'm learning as I go. I showed my oldest sister who was in town 2 weeks ago (she has made quilts before and is very talented) and she said the back was too big (it's pieced) and it should be ripped out to fix. She offered to do it, but I hesitated and I'm glad I did. Once I ironed it and layed the front and back out, it was just fine, not perfect but fine. Anyway, I will now stitch in ditch and then put a binding on. I'll post a picture when I'm done. I do like doing something from start to finish (it may take a long time though). It really was a job on top of no A/C (we live in an old brick 3-story home and only have window A/C units, but not in my sewing room--we might have to rethink this!!) Sorry for being so chatty, but felt good at what I accomplished! Thanks for looking :-)

Becky