Old 04-15-2009, 02:45 PM
barnbum

You gals explained that well!! :D :D

Mare Stare and Wee Foal are great ways for horse owners to get help watching their pregnant mares. Horse, esp. miniatures need watching 24/7 when due so the owner can be available if something goes wrong. The most common need is for the enbrionic sac to be broken for mini foals often can't get out by themselves.

When the monitor is put on the internet, everyone world wide can watch and phone the owner when the foaling starts. It means the owner can sleep--very important. :wink: You can go to marestare.com to see all you want.

I have two foals due, one hopefully within the next few days (Gypsy's milk is sticky!), but since these are my last foals, I had this week off, and I only have two... I didn't hook the Mare Stare stuff up. I'm watching all by my lonesome. I sleep on the couch every night to watch the TV screen of the Gypsy and Chloe show. :lol: I'm not staying awake every minute, but wake every hour or so to open one eye to check on them. Once I feel the foal is REALLY due, I will stay up every minute... somehow.

I'm really wishing I had another week off!!!