Thread: Asian Fabrics
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Phyl

I just returned from an amazing trip to Asia and in each port I bought Asian silk. I will be making four quilts with the fabric along with fabric I have been collecting here in the states for the last couple of years. I had no reason to collect it except it is SO stunning. I am making the four quilts for my sisters and myself as we traveled together on this trip of a lifetime. I am making my own design using 12 inch squares, 6 inch squares, and bindings made up of all of the fabrics! Just thinking of doing this is calming me. You cannot look at the beautiful patterns without feeling the serenity of the flowers, the beauty of the people, the great wishes of the cranes and the protection of the dragons. I will cut out large squares and small squares and use my livingroom floor to "compose" the quilts. It will take time and patience but isn't that what it's all about? I don't intend to use sashing as I want the fabrics to touch each other with the feeling of harmony and companionship. Since I will start the actual work in June, I am simply auditioning the colors and patterns now. Peace and serenity.