Old 06-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I do have a singer 15 hand crank too. It has no reverse and is soooooo heavy that I opted out of taking that one for me. Now if I had a hand cranck on a Singer 99, 3/4 machine, maybe. It would be nice to take something to the river side when the kids are playing but I think I will stick to hand quilting there as I can not imagine me hiking out there with "Scotty" my singer 15 hand cranck under one arm and the families lunch and my chair under the other. Hehehehe DH was thinking about a hand crank for the FW. I think it is great you sew and hand crank quilt tops while camping. I would stop by too and come and look to see another quilter. I have sons, 9-24 yrs old, and I always point out other men quilters to them.

Originally Posted by Glenn
I take my FW but sometimes I take the 66 red eye Hand Crank. People at the camp ground who do not sew are drawn to the HC and just want to watch me piece quilt. I do not know if it is the machine or that I am a man sewing. My wife just sit there reading and being entertained by the people watching me. Glenn