View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Radiana

I'm just sick about what happened last night to my new sewing machine. I bought myself a Brother SE400 for Mother's Day and I was so happy with it. It wasn't ideal for quilting any large projects but I loved it for piecing.

I made a terrible mistake by getting a quarter inch presser foot that I knew could be a problem because it had to have the needle in the middle position. I thought I would be very careful in making sure to align it correctly. In the back of my mind I knew I was playing Russian roulette. Sure enough it happened last night, the needle came crashing done on the presser foot.

I thought it would just be a matter of replacing the needle but I tried two new needles and both broke and the machine is just not working.

I was crying a little after it happened because I know it won't be covered by the warranty and God knows how much it will cost to fix.

Has anyone ever had this happen and if so were you able to have it fixed?

I feel so sad because yesterday was a really good day for me, I was missing the grandkids and all of a sudden my son brought them by for a couple of hours. It was such a blessing to me and after they left I was working on the quilt and thinking how nicely it was coming together.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders.