Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Radiana

Ladies I can't tell you how grateful I am for the suggestions and comments on the topic about of my broken sewing machine.

I am so glad I came here and cried on your shoulder because it saved me some money and more importantly peace of mind.

In the words of my favorite TV character MONK, here's what happened. After the mishap with the needle hitting the presser foot and breaking I put in a new needle. One of the draw backs of this machine is it's small and not much space to work with as far as changing presser feet and putting in needles. I have pretty big hands which makes it rather difficult. Evidently when I put in a new needle, I didn't get it in as far as it should have been to the needle stopper, same thing happened with the second needle.

Now that it's fixed I will not be using that quarter inch presser foot. I checked my manual and I didn't see any instructions on an automatic setting to start with the needle in the center position. I'll check Brother's web site and see if they have a quarter inch foot for my machine.

Thanks again and God bless you all.