View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
lue

I completed my granddaughter's wedding quilt and want you to see it. Black and yellow are their favorite colors and I added the red hearts for LOVE. (Sorry I don't know how to rotate it.)

I named the quilt "Love is NOT a Feeling--Love is a Commitment." Here's what I wrote to them about it: Attraction is a feeling. Lust is a feeling. Anger is a feeling. But love is a commitment to honor each other regardless. I called it this to remind you that there will be days when you won't FEEL as though you love each other (hard to imagine today but...). When those days come, just look at the quilt and look at each other and say, "Grand Nana said this day would come but we are to remember that love is not a feeling--Love is a commitment, a determination to love each other through thick and thin, hell or high water, when we get on each others nerves and when we can't bear to be apart, when things are good and when things appear not so good, when we have money and when we're financially challenged..." Circumstances won't change your love for each other because when you are committed to each other, you do whatever you MUST to be sure the other one KNOWS s/he is LOVED and that you are committed for the lifetime of the other. Love is not a feeling. Love is a commitment.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-207780.jpe