View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 AM
sandybeach

I just ordered this frame after reading all the posts from this site since the beginning. There is a very good site at http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/235.page. It goes very in-depth.

I ordered it from AllBrands.com ($69) as there is no tax and no shipping. I sat and watched the 27 minute video and I feel that this is something that I can do.

I just finished quilting a baby quilt (see the picture of it in Pictures) and I swore I would never do that again. I did a simple X on each of the blocks and tried to do a curved design in the large border and ended up pulling it out and just doing straight lines.

I doube I will ever piece a bed-sized quilt and if I do, I will save up the money and send it out to a long-armer. But at $45 starting price for long-arm quilting here, I just can't afford it. And when my sister gets back into quilting, perhaps we can both use the Flynn.

My next planned purchase was a mid-arm machine with stitch regulator anyway, so this seems to be the logical next step.

I will let you know how I like it when I get it. And anyone else out there getting one, keep us all informed on your progress.