View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
gtcoursey

I need opinions and help please. I had started my daughter's drill team t-shirt quilt last year, but stopped it because I didn't know what I was doing. This is one of the reasons I started quilting lessons, so I could do it the right way.

Well, when I started cutting up the shirts, they came out all different sizes. So then, I read to use fusible tricot to stablize them. So I did and have them all cut out, but are still different sizes.

I came up with now cutting same size black squares and putting t-shirt cut-out on black square. But my delimma is: the t-shirts have the fusible tricot on the back of all of them now. How do I put them on the fabic square?

I so appreciate any and all ideas and thoughts on this. I really want this to come out cute for my daughter. She has wanted this quilt for so long, and insists that "I" do it.

(The school colors are black and gold. My thoughts were putting on black, do sashing with gold and then border with maybe gold and black patch strips. I have gold, white and black floral print for backing. It's her, very bold.)

Thanks to all.