Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,
Sorry to hear that you got rained on, that doesn't sound like a wonderful time for a day of celebration.

Well, I had a blast on such a rainy day! My day wasn't dreary at all, very sunny on the side of town where I was located. :) The company was awesome, knowledgeable, funny, and friendly! The food was excellent and plentiful. And all of the machines were simply gorgeous. The host has an awesome collection of machines and parts!
Someone showed off two of her beautiful quilts that she made with exchange blocks from the Treadleon block exchange. I had fun seeing the creativity that some folks from Treadleon used in signing their blocks, very nicely done!

I want to thank Sharon, Purplefiend, for mentioning the Treadleon group numerous times. I recommend becoming a member and attending a TOGA or mini TOGA. Yup, I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to the gathering in September.
Monica, you have to be joking! ". . . . very sunny on the side of town where I was located. . . . .?" I thought that TOGA was in Roseville? We were at a graduation in Loomis -- right next to Roseville and it poured all day! I think you had stars in your eyes because of all the really neat old machines! I would have loved to come, but I will be coming to the September TOGA for sure! Did you drive up by yourself or did you get your husband to come too? I think my DH would actually enjoy the TOGA.

Did you take any pictures? I would love to see some of the machines!

Nancy
Nancy! It was raining there too! Dang, all of Northern California was in the rain that day. Just that the warm welcome of friendly treadlers brought the sunshine to my location. I drove up in the rain all by myself. Husband and teenage son had other activities that day. Well, I'm looking forward to meeting with you and others in September. I plan to bring a couple of quilts that I made with my treadles, my Lotus 66 hand-crank, and the exchange blocks. I'm planning what to bring to the next TOGA already.
So, between now and then, I have numerous quilt projects and exchange blocks to work on. Hopefully, that will keep me from peeking at CLs and purchasing those " I just had to rescue" machine finds.