Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 AM
RayneBowBrite

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Raynebowbrite; the "Queen" is is a fiddle base -look at base shape on machine. Can't help other than that other than to say they're both very pretty machines and look clean.
Chris
Thanks, they were both stored in a lady's basement for however many years, the singer was her great grandma's, Queen was the neighbors she bought for $40. It did have a motor attached to it, but I took it off. with a foot shaped foot pedal to make it go. I didn't toss it, because it was just so weird looking, thought I'd clean it up and just keep it as an odd ball thing to add to my collection of randomness.
I really like the fiddle base, can't play with it, because I have no room for 2 treadles in my house, and it won't go in the singer cabinet. They both turn, and have shuttles, and lots of bobbins, tons of attachments, and I think I have another shuttle that doesn't belong to these machines. They're all the vibrating shuttles. (I have been as much research as possible!)

I'm hoping Billy will come along and can offer some insight. (seen that he is the go to guy on the treadles! LOL)