Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Candi it is beautiful. I have a hard time keeping orange and pink apart, so I'm glad someone specified it for me. It is so bright and real pretty. I would be proud of it too! Y seams are kinda scary.
Thanks,Melissa. I much prefer orange to pink,,,although I did make a pink quilt too... :-D those Y seams weren't that hard because they are big pieces.
Hope you are doing well..is it hot yet?
We missed spring entirely and headed straight to summer after Memorial Day last week. It rained from Feb to Memorial Day almost every day. Everything is flooded. They've opened dams north of here and coucil bluffs is starting to flood. If it crests much more, the poor people in Hamburg are really going to get hit. Part of the new foot bridge downtown is underwater as is most of the Lewis and Clark landing area.

Hit 100 yesterday and supposed to today too. Taking kids to freebie water sprayground to cool off. I do a ton of quilting work in the summer, more than in the winter time so I hate to lose valuable stitching time by playing outside....but the kids need to cool off and I could have some sun.
We sure could use some of that rain here in FL...ponds are really low and wild fires are so spread..there is currently a fire ban and unless it rains, there will be no fireworks on Independence Day. It is hot here too, but we haven't hit 100 yet.
So sad all the flooding. Take care and yes, do get some sun sessions in between quilting.
It's too bad you can't come back here. Sure would have been awesome to meet you. Annual quilt show is next weekend 16-18th at the same hotel as last year. Should be fun.

I'm working on mostly smaller Xmas present projects at the moment. No quilts planned except a baby quilt in the fall. Want to actually make the Xmas presents this year. Have 2 of 9 done so far.