Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
So the church that I quilt at is having their garage sale this weekend. They want 80.00 for a vintage machine whose decals are coming off, no attachments and no shuttle or spindle bobbins. I think it's outrageous, but a friend of mine thinks it would be a good investment. The serial number is starts with a B and has all 8's and 9's in the number part. I'm trying to figure out what type of machine it is.

The decals say Singer, and it has a good size throat area, just a shade smaller than my 66. But it has some reddish tint to the decals. I KNOW it is not a redeye, but the decals are real similar. It has a drop in area for one of those long bobbins (shuttle right?) no shuttle bobbin casing though. It seems like a lot of money for a machine that can't possibly work with no shuttle. I just wish I could figure out what it is.
Your machine is made in 1905.
Here is the link to Singer for machine serial number that starts with a single letter:
http://www.singerco.com/support/mach.../single-letter

Click on B series for the number and info. Good luck guessing!
Thanks. That is sure good to know. Do you know how I can find out what type of machine it is? I tried to follow the checklist on the other site, but didn't get a good enough look at the machine to field through the questions.