Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by RayneBowBrite
Hi, after posting this is the main section, I was told how to post in this area LOL (I'm very new here)

So, my OP was along the lines that I had picked up two treadles off CL's for $50. ($25 per treadle)
I have figured out one is a Singer #27, that was pretty easy, already wound a bobbin, threaded and sewed on it last night, no instructions, it all clicked in my head LOL (after a good oiling) .
The other...I am having a heck of of time with. Says "Queen" on the arm, not "new' "the" or any other words, just Queen LOL (I have been trying like mad to figure out what it is)
I attached pictures of both machines, The drawers we're filled with all sorts of things...I'll have to post pics of some of those things as well! Have NO idea of what most the stuff is...
I did find a certificate of warranty for the queen sewing machine, I can try to take a pic of it...but its in REALLY rough shape, The date on it was Oct. 22nd 1900. Had a 5 yr warranty!!!! :lol: Also had The White Sewing Company on the slip of paper.

And a lil introduction about me, I am 26, I stay home with my 4 kids, ages ~ almost 5yr, one will be 3 at the end of August, a 16month old and a 4 month old. I started sewing a couple years ago, picked up a Pfaff 4240. My grandma gave me her Husqvarna Freesia, and my grandpa surprised me with a Brother machine.

Sorry for the massive post, all 4 kids are mellow and chill, and I can type with out holding a kid lol Hopefully it makes sense, I am a lil scattered brain, on day two of not smoking, and totally cut out drinking Mountain Dew as well,(one my 3rd cup of coffee) taking up treadling as my new habit, its easy to do even with the kids awake, and they like pushing the pedal :)
WOW!! I want to move to Minnesota!!! What a deal you got....out of imagination here...those machines would have been $200 each.