Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Barb M

Well, my large quilt that i've been working on, i decided to quilt it in sections, then piece it together. It sure made the quilting easier, but now, i'm not so happy with it, i will make sure i do it better next time. Joining the finished fronts was easy, but several long seams on the back that had to be slip stitched took me several days, a total of 6 hours of slip stitching. And, well, i made a mistake. When doing my slip stitching, in some places i pulled my backing fabric a little too taught...it looked fine from the back, but when i flipped it over, it created some puffy areas on the front! Oh well, i will fix it. Sooooo, i might do it this way next time, but if i do, i will be very careful to join the backing pieces with just the right amount of pull. I will be able to fix it, i will have to quilt carefully over the puffy area. I know it's not very noticeable, didnt notice it til i put my glasses on! LOL But now i'm going to fix that, and then finish quilting where the seams meet, etc Just not happy that i didnt pin pin pin and double check before stitching