View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Selena

I've helped piece two other quilts for charity with my homemakers club but this is my first start to finish quilt. It's for a family member of my DH who has a terminal brain tumor. It started as a lap quilt to use in her wheelchair. It was a little oversize(as things usually are with me) but things happen for a reason. While I was quilting it, we were told she's in the hospital under hospice care. Now it's just the right size @ 52 1/2" X 75 1/2". In the interest of time, I had to drop some of the details I had planned like quilting the big heart-my LA just wouldn't do it and there's no time to do it by hand. I designed the big fleece heart for her hands to rest on in the wheelchair. The blocks will be signed by loved ones so she can be reminded of how much she is loved and her family can be reminded that they are not alone and they all share their love for her. It may sound corny but they like the idea. It's on it's way to her but she may not live to even see it let alone wrap up in it. Instead of a comfort quilt, it may be a memorial quilt. I named it "With Love". I used a feather design with hearts instead of feathers and hearts on the blue blocks. It's all freehand as I'm sure you can tell. Thanks for looking. I'm proud of it.

sorry it's side ways again
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208391[/ATTACH]

front with first signatures- sorry it's sideways
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208393[/ATTACH]

quilting close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208395[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208384.jpe   attachment-208385.jpe   attachment-208387.jpe   attachment-208389.jpe