View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

My Granny was the reason I like to be called Granny by my grandkids. She was an RN, though I don't remember her ever working.
Every year she would start Christmas shopping in January and buy things on sale throughout the year that she new family members would like to get for Christmas.
At Christmas she made soft molasses cookies with a thumb print in the center that was filled with grape jelly. They were the best!

She lived in MA, but then moved to PA across the road from us. She loved to travel and visit family and friends.

When she got sick with cancer she had every details laid out for Gramps for when she would die. She had a list of who he was to call, who he was to write to. She died in May of 1978, but come Christmas we each received gifts from her because she had already bought them and wrapped them so Gramps wouldn't have to worry about doing it.

I think my love to travel, my organizational skills and my way of being one step ahead of things, and having things done early comes from her.